Insider tips – Wei Ling top 5 places to eat & drink in Kuala Lumpur
The internationally acclaimed, inspiring art gallery owner Lim Wei Ling has shared with us her favorite top 5 pLaces in Kuala Lumpur, and we are very honored and happy to share them with you.
Running premier spots for local art, Wei Ling aims at creating opportunities for promoting and introducing the work of serious contemporary artists to Malaysia and the world at large, and thus hosts selective and exciting exhibitions. If you are not familiar with her stimulating work, have a look at her two galleries in Kuala lumpur – Wei Ling gallery located in Brickfields and Wei Ling contemporary in Gardens mall – or at her latest space opened recently in Penang, Wei Ling Gallery @ Victory Annexe.
Below are her 5 favorite places to go out when she in in Kuala Lumpur – and why, in her own words:
- Elegant Inn: for their authentic, fresh dim sum.Their crab cooked with salted egg and bitter gourd with salted vegetables are a must order! Contact: 2nd floor Podium block | Menara Hup Seng, Jalan P. Ramlee, Kuala Lumpur
- Frangipani: this restaurant has been around for more than a decade but they are constantly reinventing themselves and their new Spanish chef, Manuel, is superb. Must try their Grilled Octopus, Tea smoked salmon and Poached egg on Mushrooms. Contact: 29 Jalan Changkat Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur – http://www.frangipani.com.my/dining.php
- Sweet Inn: Hole in the wall restaurant in PJ but the most divine seafood, cooked Chinese style.A bit of a trek but worth the visit.
- Indian Kitchen: my fave Indian restaurant as I love Rommali Roti (handkerchief bread) and they make it to perfection. Contact: 15 Jalan Telawi 3 Bangsar Baru, Kuala Lumpur
- Providence: for a really good night out. A bit crowded and smoky, but amazing DJ’s and a great atmosphere. Contact: The Intermark, Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Wei Ling for sharing with us your passion for the art scene – and your fav restaurants and bars in KL!
Want to know more about Wei Ling amazing work?
Food in Kl, Kuala Lumpur, Wei Ling, Top 5 places