Insider tips – Jamie Durie Top 5 places to eat in Kuala Lumpur
Undoubtedly one of Australia’s most acclaimed celebrity around the world, Jamie Durie is hosting the exciting design show ‘The apartment’ in Kuala Lumpur, giving the contestants priceless architectural, interior design and landscape tips. His bright smile reveals the humanitarian behind the creative mind, and we applause Australia for recognizing his generous, inspiring environmental work trough the ‘Medal of the Order of Australia’ (OAM) he was awarded with in 2012.
Jamie Durie is a legend and a prolific achiever, with a diversified business from architecture and interior design, to Tv host and producer, regular advisor on Oprah’s show, to best selling books (have a look at the great Edible Gardens Design).
This inspiring soul has been kind enough to describe for us his favorite places to go out for food when he is in Kuala Lumpur – and we are so excited to share them with you! Thanks Jamie Durie, you rock!
- Tamarind Hill – 19A, Jalan Sultan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur; Great tranquil ambience and good food. This place is always the top of my list when arrive in KL. I love the use of the black lacquer bamboo in the interior scheme.
- NEO Tamarind – 19, Jalan Sultan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur; They have a great Zen outdoor area and make a fabulous cocktail! They serve great modern Thai food and aren’t afraid of making the dishes nice and spicy…just the way I like it!
- Marini’s on 57 @ Petronas Tower 3; I just love coming here for dinner or just for drinks. To look out and see the Petrona’s towers so close you can touch it, is just an awesome sight to behold.
- Zipangu – Shangri-La Kuala Lumpur, 1 Jalan Sultan Ismail; For modern Japanese cuisine that still pays homage to being authentic. Not only amazing food but they have a great wine and sake cellar.
- The 39 Restaurant – PNB Darby Park, 10 Jalan Binjai ; They serve contemporary style Malaysian food and the restaurant boasts a killer view of the city skyline with the great vibe of live music.
Want to learn more about the stunning Jamie Durie?
Jamie’s Official website
Jamie’s Design website
Food in KL, Kuala Lumpur, Jamie Durie, Insider tips