Insider tips – Aubry Mennesson top 5 places to eat & drink in Kuala Lumpur
The visionary and talented Aubry Mennesson is undoubtedly the most famous french gentleman in Malaysia – not only because of his love for his stunning wife princess Tengku Zatashah and her country, but also thanks to his long list of achievements.
That notably includes enhancing the gorgeous Malaysian skyline trough its lighting, by being the successful managing director of Light Cibles – utter brilliance. Aubry is also board member at the Alliance Française, keeping his country of origin close to his heart and impersonating even more the east meets west paradigm, while sharing with us his fairy tale life through the couples’ blog “frog + princess”.
Have a peak at the top 5 places for eating in Kuala Lumpur that this malaysian by adoption recommends you to try, and why – in his own words;
- Kame Sushi, 20, Jalan 31/70A, Desa Sri Hartamas. My favorite off-the-beaten track Japanese restaurant with really good service and a true Japanese chef that speaks better Malay than English. Seats are limited so reservation is truly compulsory as this place has its fans. The dinner format here is Omakase – meaning you leave it to the chef to decide what you’re going to eat.
- Muar Restaurant, Tingkat Tong Shin, 50200 Kuala Lumpur. Very plain and simple decor but the beauty of this place lies in the dishes. I especially love the crispy omelette, butter fried kailan, and the salted egg prawns. You must finish with the lovely local chendol dessert. Flip-flops and shorts are highly recommended.
- Bistro A Table, 6 Jalan 17/54, 46400 Petaling Jaya. Owned by Isadora Chai, a strong personality chef, food stylist and cookbook editor, her creative dishes are a perfect mix of various places she has worked in: Asia, Australia, and France. Try the gruyere souffle with slipper lobster bisque or the duck cassoulet.
- Prime, Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, 2 Jalan Stesen, KL Sentral. Voted as the best steak house in KL for many years, this restaurant offers a wide selection of meats and cuts. From Australian Black Angus ribeye to Blackmore wagyu beef grilled in full flame right in front of you, my carnivorous needs are always fulfilled at Prime.
- Fatty Crab, 2 Jalan SS24/13, Taman Megah, Petaling Jaya. A KL institution. People can queue up to an hour (whilst playing Candy Crush on plastic stools) for the house signature dish: A sweet and sour spicy crab, to bash up and eat with bread soaked with the precious gravy. I recommend ordering the crispy chicken wings and fried rice whilst waiting for the crabs. A must, to experience a true Malaysian night out
Thank you Aubry for sharing with us your best places in KL – we are honored and delighted (and cannot wait to try them!)
Want to go further and discover more about some of Aubry passions & success?
Food in KL, Kuala Lumpur, Insider tips, Aubry Mennesson